We are seeking a Manual Machinist to join our team who is committed to providing industry-leading customer service and quality work in our apparatus repair shop. This position will require a very strong attention to detail and strong knowledge of manual lathes, for the repair and fabrication of parts for electric motors, gearboxes, pumps, and other industrial components. This position is NOT ideal for candidates who only have CNC experience or prefer to only operate CNC equipment. The candidate must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to demonstrate precision measurements and machining. Prior experience with electric motors and welding experience is a plus. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, focused on detail-oriented workmanship and a team player. Must be dependable, punctual, and creative at times.
- MANUAL machinist, including manual lathes, end mills, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Some overtime, including on weekends, may be required.
- Experience with repairs of rotating machinery.
- Manual machining background is required.
- Experience with micrometers, calipers, basic and precision measurement tools.
- Some computer skills for input of measurements into a database.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical diagrams.
- Committed to safety.
- Committed to being drug free.
Our environment is that of a job shop with production-based goals. Safety equipment (gloves, steel-toed boots, eye and hearing protection) is required while in the machine shop.
- Simple IRA Contributions
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10-hour shifts
High school or equivalent (Preferred)